1. I get *SUPER INSPIRED*, all of a sudden, to work on a project, and it's all I can think about.
2. This goes on for a couple of days. Maybe even a whole week. Once, it was an entire month of bliss.
3. At some point, something gets repetitive (or in some cases, I catch I-just-want-to-finish-itis, which is NOT ideal for a hobby that's supposed to be relaxing!).
4. The fallout begins, and the quilt and I have a little break-up (okay, that never really happened with Pumpkin Spice Latte, but that was a unique circumstance).
5. I nurse my wounds and eventually find a reason to return to the project.
The medallion is still evolving, and it is now sitting folded up somewhere in the time out corner, and I am over here. I love love love it, but we needed a break. After sewing all the pluses (there were *only* 20 but picking out the fabrics took at least 2 hours), getting IG and Liz feedback about a middle border, and piecing said border, I couldn't look at it anymore. That's okay though - I'm sure I'll be back at it soon enough. I think I'll be piecing a thin black border (white specked) around the pluses (I feel like it needs one more little pop of black) before the last border (or... will it be the last? I just don't know yet, and that's the most fun part!).
That border of jewel tones was way too exciting (but just exciting enough for a lazy Sunday afternoon). There are Lizzy House cats, jewels, navy and purple Domino Dots, Bike Path, my favorite tone-on-tone Pearl Bracelets, and dandelions. Sigh. I originally thought of a black border, or a solid purple or navy border, but this is WAY better! When in doubt, go with color - a message to future Jess.