If you might participate and are so inclined, please post this button on your sidebar! You can link to this page :) Thank you in advance for helping me spread the word!This series was born out of the doubts we sometimes hear when it comes to sewing and quilting (which I'm also guilty of!). I want to inspire experienced and new quilters to try things they shy away from, and, more importantly, inject even more positivity into the wonderful world of sewing. Quilty blogland and the Modern Quilt Guild are great places to be! Finally, if there's anything I've learned as a beginning schoolteacher, it's this: reflecting on yourself and your strengths/weaknesses helps you a) improve and b) continue loving what you do.
I have a post planned for approximately every two Sundays, and sometimes, I'll have a guest poster, too! I'll be hosting linky parties (which will last 2 weeks) on each post - this is where you, the blogger, can link up your own post on the topic. It should be a current post that focuses on your journey within that topic and/or encouragement. All linkups will be eligible for prizes at the end! Feel free to link up as much or as little as you like. Also, I spaced the posts out to accommodate for the crazy holiday season and to keep the party going on as long as possible! I hope you find the series both enjoyable and informative.
Here's the schedule (subject to a little switching around if necessary):
- Sunday, November 3: First Linky Party! Write a blog post about the crafty areas in which you want to gain more confidence, and/or discuss a project you will be working on during the series that will help you gain this confidence.
- November 10: Choosing Fabrics
- November 24: Perfection
- December 8: Approaching New Patterns/Concepts
- December 22: Free Motion Quilting (FMQ) with Christa of Christa Quilts
- January 5: Creating Your Own Designs
- January 19: Showcasing Your Work
- February 2: Writing A Sewing Blog
- February 9: Final Linkup! Write a blog post about a project you worked on during the series that helped you gain confidence in your skills.
- February 16: Prizes awarded from all Linky Parties!
So, will you join me and blog? Look out on Sunday for the first post!