This quilt is near and dear to my heart for the following 6 reasons:
1. It's a quilt that's been on my "quilty bucket list" since I heard what a selvage is. And now it exists and it's all mine! :)
2. It's rainbow. I mean, yeah. I love rainbow like whoa.
3. I quilted 11 of my favorite books into the shelves. If you are curious about what they are and why I chose them, you can see more details in my original blog post about this quilt. So much love for these books.
4. This quilt is like an epic conglomeration of my two favorite hobbies - reading and sewing. It really just gives me pure joy to see it in my sewing room.
5. Last but certainly not least, it includes a couple hundred (I would hazard a guess) of selvages from the past 5 years. It's a tour through my favorite fabrics ever and many that I have long since used up.
6. The backing. Which days do I read (and sew)? Yup.
You can see why I love this quilt so much, right? :)
Size: 54" x 72"
Quilted: By me on my Janome Memory Craft 6300
Techniques: Applique, free motion quilting, improv piecing
Finished: September 2015, original post here.
Please enjoy the Blogger's Quilt Festival, the largest and loveliest quilt show on the internet! I've entered this quilt into the ROYGBIV Category (the overall vision/color gradation was my main focus throughout... see?).
My past Blogger's Quilt Festival entries:
Fall 2014 (nominated for Viewer's Choice)
Spring 2012 (First Place in Baby Quilt Category)