My sister Marisa has been working hard on the new logo and page tabs at the top. Don't they look great? The logo has one of my quilts behind it, and I can change the logo periodically/seasonally. :) Orange peels fit the feel that I want to give off on my site. I am a quilter who does not stick to the rules: carefree, but a workhorse. And yes, I love orange peels. ;) Also, go hover your mouse over the page tabs. Just do it! Marisa rocks!
I took the plunge into HTML and configured my Portfolio page. My husband thought he'd NEVER hear me say, "I feel like I've been staring at code all day!" Almost everything I've made and blogged about is listed in an image gallery by year, in reverse order of when they were finished. I'm so excited to see everything so nicely laid out! For those of you who are looking for a great tutorial to follow, check this one out at Laura's Crafty Life.
Some other changes you might notice:
- All tutorials (also set in an image gallery), series, and quilt-a-longs are now housed under the "Community" tab.
- My signature on blog posts (see below) will be different from today on (also Marisa's doing!).
- I've updated my "About" page.
- I cleaned up my right sidebar for a more uniform, professional look.
- A new photo on the right sidebar is coming!
- We are working on having the logo and pages accessible through mobile devices. It should all be set up by Sunday.
Thanks again for all of your support, and I hope you enjoy the new site!